Warner Bros. is bringing its technology functions under one roof with the creation of its new Warner Bros. Technology (WBT) business unit.
The WBT organization will provide business and technology support and services to all Studio business units. WBT manages the Studio’s enterprise systems, solutions and emerging platforms.
Along with the formation of a new unit, Vicky Colf has been named chief technology officer for Warner Bros. Entertainment. She will continue to report directly to Thomas Gewecke, chief digital officer and executive vice president of Strategy and Business Development at Warner Bros.
Colf will oversee Warner Bros.’ portfolio of technology services and solutions and partner with Gewecke on technology strategy for the Studio worldwide.
“In a time of rapid changes across the technology and entertainment landscapes, Vicky’s strong leadership, passion for innovation, and commitment to operational excellence will help us achieve our technology goals,” said Gewecke in a statement. “With the creation of Warner Bros. Technology and the new Chief Technology Officer role, we’re evolving to meet the changing needs of our business, our industry and our audiences. I’m thrilled that Vicky will continue to lead the new Technology group into the future as CTO.”
Colf formerly served as the Studio’s technology teams as executive vice president and general manager of Technology Solutions and Technical Operations. Colf joined Warner Bros. Entertainment as vice president of corporate business development and strategy in 2004.
The WBT teams will be responsible for the Studio’s:
- Emerging technology research and development
- Consumer intelligence and data governance
- OTT platform strategy and support
- Digital ownership strategies
- Information security and technical aspects of content protection
- Studio technical operations and production technologies
- Content mastering, localization and worldwide delivery
- Asset management, content preservation and archives
- Application and platform development and operations
- Foundational enterprise, sales and distribution systems and solutions