Cablevision (NYSE: CVC) Saturday rolled out its Optimum App for Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) iPads, and from first glance it looks like a winner. It launches with more than 280 live TV channels and at least 2,000 video-on-demand titles.
Among the app's highlights at launch:
- Approximately 300 channels of live television;
- More than 2,000 titles of Video on demand available, with Cablevision's full VOD library expected to be encoded and available by early summer;
- Enhanced guide information that is fully searchable and able to be filtered based on genre, cast, time of day and favorite channels;
- The ability to schedule future DVR recordings and manage previously-recorded content;
- Full parental controls (specific to each iPad);
- Closed Captioning
Functions to be added soon:
- This summer, remote control functionality will be added to the App, allowing customers to control televisions in the house.
Other points of interest:
- The app is available as a free download to Cablevision's cable television customers in the Apple App Store;
- Customers access content on the iPad by entering their Optimum ID and password;
- Up to three iPads can be registered to one account;
- Customers can use up to two iPads in the home at one time;
- Programming (live TV and VOD) is available only for viewing in the home;
- Customers do not need to have Internet access to use the Optimum App for iPad.
- see this article
Will TWC's live TV to the iPad app be shut down by lawsuits
Time Warner Cable launching live TV to Apple's iPad
TWC: 'Television is melting,' and it wants more content flexibility