Comcast re-ups the Karaoke Channel; Canada's shomi arrives on Xbox One

More cable news from across the web:

> Nielsen has reached a deal to provide metrics on national and local digital usage to Univision. TVTechnology story

> Comcast re-upped its carriage with Canada's Stingray Digital Group for the Karaoke Channel. Multichannel News story

> Shomi, the Canadian SVOD service jointly launched by cable operators Rogers and Shaw, is now streaming to the Xbox One. Press release

Telecom News

> USA Fiber has put the final touches on its Ashburn Ring Conduit System, a 7.3-mile network targeting the needs of the Ashburn, Va., data center market. Article

Wireless News

> Sprint said it scored 22,000 postpaid phone net additions in the first quarter, marking its third consecutive quarter of positive growth. It added 1.2 million postpaid net additions on the fiscal year, 438,000 of which were phones, and its $310 million in operating income for the fiscal year was positive for the first time in nine years. Article

> Sprint said it will merge its Assurance Wireless brand with Access Wireless in a tie-up of Lifeline service providers. Sprint will own 70 percent of the new business, which will operate under the name i-wireless, Access's brand for Lifetime users. I-wireless will own the remaining 30 percent. I-wireless founder and CEO Paul McAleese will lead the combined business, and i-wireless will continue to operate on Sprint's network. Article

And finally… Google's Chrome has surpassed Microsoft Internet Explorer as the world's most popular web browser. Daily Mail story

Suggested Articles

Comcast is calling on its cable brethren, Charter and Cox, for a new initiative called On Addressability focused on building a “sound, scalable and sustainable…

NCC Media and OpenAP are teaming up to allow national advertisers to use OpenAP’s audience segment definitions when buying across NCC Media’s linear, VOD and…

Comcast is launching new controls for its X1 television service that will allow people with certain disabilities to operate their cable TV systems using their…