Fastweb is one of the most successful IPTV service providers in Europe, with more than 350,000 subscribers to its service. Fastweb exec Paolo Agostinelli participated in a conference call yesterday and shared a few of the company's lessons learned:
- Video on Demand is most popular with the kids, so be sure to have plenty of children's programming. Fifty percent of Fastweb's VOD consumption comes from sales of kids' shows.
- Customers want a focused video offering, not a triple play.
- Offering replays of TV broadcasts up to three days later has proved immensely popular.
- The long tail of content is actually still quite short when it comes to user acceptance.
While Fastweb's list is quite provocative, it may better serve as a schooling in the ways of the Italian TV market.
For more on Fastweb:
- see this NewTeeVee article