To kick off the National Association of Broadcasters conference taking place in Las Vegas this week, Microsoft announced an expanded technology provider ecosystem for its IPTV products. Here's how the ecosystem breaks down now:
- AMD and Intel provide server processors.
- Thomson Grass Valley supplies the SD encoders for MPEG-4 and H.264.
- Pirelli Broadband Solutions will provide set-top boxes.
- Sun Microsystems provides Sun Fire x64 servers and storage.
These partners join existing providers, including Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco, Motorola, Philips and Tatung as well as HP and IBM in the Microsoft IPTV ecosystem.
For more on Redmond's partners:
- read this company press release