The National Cable and Telecommunications Association (NCTA) has announced this year's winners of the industry's Vanguard Awards. In the "Distinguished Leadership" category, Bridget Baker, president of TV networks distribution for NBC Universal, and Jerry Kent, chairman and CEO of Suddenlink Communications took top honors. The NCTA will recognize the Vanguard Award winners at the 2012 Cable Show next month.
Also winning Vanguard Awards this year are:
- Jill Campbell, Executive Vice President and Chief Operations Officer, Cox Communications Inc. for Cable Operations Management
- John Landgraf, President and General Manager, FX Networks for Programming
- Chuck Pagano, Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, ESPN, Inc. for Science & Technology
- Gail MacKinnon, Executive Vice President and Chief Government Relations Officer, Time Warner Cable for Government and Community Relations
- Linda Schupack, Executive Vice President, Marketing, AMC for Marketing
- Dan Moloney, President, Motorola Mobility for Associates and Affiliates of the industry
- Tapan Dandnaik, Senior Vice President, Customer Service and Financial Operations, Mediacom Communications Corp and Jeffrey Hirsch, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Residential Services, Time Warner Cable for Young Leadership
The Vanguard Awards were started in 1965, and are presented annually to "individuals who excel in both business and personal commitment to their colleagues, and whose accomplishments merit the recognition of the entire cable industry."
- see the press release
WICT names Nomi Bergman as Woman of the Year
CTAM picks Rainmaker and TAMI Award recipients