OVP Kyte is launching an improved version of its content administration console that it believes will make managing content simpler and more effective for its Tier 1 clients. The Kyte Console 2.0 -- which will be available immediately -- allows customers expanded management and publishing options, as well as making moderation of content easier and deeper; Console 2.0 also provides a deeper set of analytics for content owners.
COO Gannon Hall said the overhaul of the platform focused on making it more than just about getting video online. "Users expect a highly interactive experience, and for us that meant we had to look at not only online video, but video on mobile devices and video in the social network context," he said. "We looked at UGC, mobile streaming, live- and on-demand content. It's really quite a reworking from the ground up, and we think it will provide an improved overall user experience and help streamline workflow"
Kyte counts itself in a unique position, functioning as an online, mobile and social video platform. It's that complexity of offerings that led to the revamp. Kyte recently extended its mobile application framework to the iPhone, Blackberry, Android and Nokia platforms.
"We've learned a lot in the past year from our customers," said Hall. "We listened to their feedback, but we also looked at how they were using the platform and focused on making the interface more intuitive, simpler to use."
In the end, Hall said, Kyte tried to maximize the flexibility of both the console and the architecture of the platform. Console 2.0's new features include:
- A streamlining of workflow that makes it easier to perform routine tasks;
- The ability to manually group shows into playlists, or to automate the process using customizable criteria;
- Configure channels, including engagement capabilities, and deliver through a wide range of standard or custom online and mobile players;
- Assign functional user roles and enable editorial workflows to streamline processes, allowing team members to focus on core tasks;
- Create audio shows with an accompanying slideshow; and,
- Scheduled shows with start and end dates and times.
- see this release
Kyte expands with two new offices
Kyte named a Fierce 15 Online Video Company for 2009