Sorenson Media and RealNetworks have entered a strategic partnership to provide "an end-to-end solution to encode, manage and deliver top quality online video content--from adaptive, multi-format encoding to live and on-demand streaming," the two companies said in a news release.
The partners will jointly bundle their products as well as offer single purchases by vendor. They will also explore further integrating and collaboration on developing new products, they said.
"This collaboration combines the strengths of two storied names in the online video marketplace," Peter Csathy, president-CEO of Sorenson Media, said in the news release.
At the start of the relationship, Sorenson Media and RealNetworks will combine multiple product lines, including:
- RealNetworks Helix Media Delivery Platform, which is designed to enable organizations to securely encode, manage and deliver media on a wide range of players, platforms and devices,
- the Helix Media Library solution that the company said helps enterprise security, reliability and integration,
- the Sorenson Media Squeeze encoding engine, including the on-premise and in the cloud Squeeze Server and Squeeze Premium optimized for the Windows server environment and
- the Sorenson 360 online video platform that creates a workflow for editing, encoding and delivering video content.
"The RealNetworks partnership with Sorenson Media provides enterprise organizations--from business to education to government--with streaming media's best software and SaaS solutions," Scott Uomoto, senior vice president of Helix and consumer sales for RealNetworks, said. "The combination of our media delivery platform and Sorenson Media's encoding engine and online video platform helps customers meet their evolving and complex video needs."
- Sorenson Media and RealNetworks issued this news release
Sorenson Media 'squeezes' in new premium encoding product
Sorenson rolls out Squeeze 8 Pro encoding software
RealNetworks execs resurface with Sidecar social app for iOS, Android