Sorenson Media is continuing to build on the success of its Sorenson 360 online video platform, today adding features designed to improve video player compatibility, make its WebM support more robust and make social media integration simpler.
The company also improved integration between its OVP and its Sorenson Sqeeze server, with an eye toward giving customers increased flexibility and customizability and improve delivery of dynamic video content across the Web, especially as the number of video formats and players continue to increase.
"With these enhancements, users benefit not only with from full integration with social media tools and the industry-best Squeeze encoding engine, but also from Sorenson 360's unique mix of comprehensive advantages," said Eric Quanstrom, COO of Sorenson Media.
Among the highlights of the feature upgrade:
- Users can now choose from all major video players, like Flash, Quicktime, HTML5 and Silverlight, to publish video in the most popular formats;
- Sorenson 360 supports WebM encoding and playback for users interested in creating Web environments using HTML5;
- Using an integrated button on the video player, users are able to post their video along with comments directly to their Facebook accounts, which can in turn be spread virally via the popular social media site;
- Advanced search engine optimization (SEO) tools and consistent indexing by major search engines enable customers to have their videos found, without extraordinary effort.
- The Squeeze Server/Sorenson 360 integration gives users with large volumes of video encoding and delivery needs a tool to utilize Sorenson Media's encoding capabilities.
The new features are available in every Sorenson 360 account.
- see this release
Sorenson takes to the cloud with new encoding solution
launches hybrid encoding solution
Sorenson Media rolls out Squeeze upgrade
Sorenson launches Squeeze 7