Internet video marketer TurnHere says a survey it conducted shows online video is hot and getting hotter with brand and agencies, topping both email and search marketing as the top priority for 2010.
TurnHere also reports:
- 83.5% of respondents already use online video in their marketing efforts
- Branded content is the preferred online video content type among respondents with the highest current use among video formats
- 57.3% of respondents have created branded video content for the Web
- Branding was the top reason for video use given (60%)
- Those that chose not to use online video cited cost (66.7%) and lack of clear ROI (33%) measures as the top two reasons
TurnHere said the 116 survey participants came from companies with marketing budgets ranging from $100,000 to $5 million and included Fortune 500 brands, regional brands digital, PR and tradition agencies.
One caveat on the survey, keep in mind that TurnHere is an online video advertising and production company.
- see this slideshow
- see this blog:
Online video ads to grow 40% for next four years
IAB report: Online video ad revenue up 126% over 2007
JP Morgan analyst sees grim 2009 for online video ads