Small businesses say they'll continue spending the same amount or more on online video advertising in 2010 as they did in 2009, a 75 percent increase over their online video spend in 2008.
About 28 percent of small business owners say they'll use online video ads, 21 percent said they'll dabble in social media, according to Ad-ology Research.
What's surprising about the study is that some 50 percent of business owners say they don't currently have an active website for their company.
According to the study:
- 65 percent of small business owners don't use online video
- 7 percent said they'll spend less this year on online video than they did a year ago
- 20 percent said they'd spend about the same
- 8 percent said they'd spend more
- see this Marketing Profs article
Online video ad spend was up in 2009
Analysts project huge online video ad growth
Online ads gain traction